Thursday, September 9, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 148 "Men vs Women"

0

Happy Thursday Folks!
I hope you are having
a great week thus far.

Today's Topic: Men vs. Women

I am in a state of shock. I have been holding several conversations lately with Men and various Women. The more we speak on life, love, and the pursuit of happiness, the more I get the feeling that Men and Women are in a competition these days. Let me acknowledge that I am truly a male feminists at heart. I believe Women have been unjustly and unfairly treated since the beginning of time. There is a silent double standard out the that Men can do this, but if a Women does it, it's the worse thing ever.

Are we in a competition? I pose the question to you ladies. While I do understand that none of you NEED a Man, but what is wrong with HAVING one. If the answer is yes, what are we competing for? In this recession or post-recession depending on how you view the economy, the job market isn't hopping with opportunities for anyone, regardless of gender. But then again, am I not seeing the entire picture, am I biased as a MAN, even as I draft this? I have no idea. It is my hopes that I am not, because I believe a Woman can do anything a Man can. Actually, Women can do a number of things way better.

But I do raise this issue. Has it come down to this? Is it Women vs. Men. I just realized that I even put Men first in the title. I try not treat Women any different, but maybe I do. Ladies, I appeal to you to help me help you and other guys out there. I don't want to compete with you, unless we are playing a game to ten for your heart (Love & Basketball.) We need to work together to as a collective. We are stronger as a team then we are as an individuals. Men, take a step back and look at the role of a Woman, and the things they have to endure on a daily basis. I am not saying they deserve a pass, but we must realize that sometimes all of us can be sexist and see them as less than us. That just wrong no matter how you slice it! Help me get it right fellas. Chivalry is not dead! Ladies, we Men would be nothing without you. You absolutely won any competition when you were given the tasks as Mother Earth.

~Brutha Info

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 148 "Men vs Women""

Post a Comment