Thursday, September 30, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 169 "Think Before You Speak"

0

Happy Thursday, my loyal WoodWorkz
patrons. I hope as always you are in the
very best of health and spirits.

Today's Topic: Think Before You Speak

Today, I am here to give you some advice. Now I am going to admit off top, that I don't follow this rule but I am trying. Well at least I think I am. I want to ask you all to take a moment to Think Before You Speak.

You know you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Similarly, you never get second a chance to take back something that has left your mouth. The Good Book says, "Out of the mouth, the heart speaks." People tend to think that its okay to say things in a joking fashion that is racist, dumb, or derogatory, but that is simply not the case. You are responsible for the things that come out of mouth just like you are responsible for the things you do on this earth. Don't just say whatever, whenever, Think Before You Speak.

It is your responsibility to own up to what you say. If you know you have a tendency to say things you don't mean, don't open your mouth. My G-MA use to say to me, "If you don't have anything to good to say, don't say anything at all. I know I say a lot of things out of my mouth, but I usually mean what I say. The problem is, I don't always use "kid gloves" with my delivery. So, you can be a better person than me in that aspect. Think Before You Speak. You have a duty to say what you mean, but you must accept the fact that you must mean what you say. Because regardless of what you do, people normally are going to believe what you say---so you better mean it!

~Brutha B' Betta' Than Me

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 169 "Think Before You Speak""

Post a Comment