Thursday, September 16, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 155 "The Trail Of Tears"

0

Yep, it's Thursday already.
I'm sure for some of you it
has come right on time or not
fast enough for others.

Today's Topic: Trail Of Tears

Yo, today I want to have a real heart to heart with my fam. I know sometimes I write things you may or may not agree with and that is fine, but as I stated in previous blogs, every now and then I am going to talk about myself. I decided today to talk about emotions and things of that nature. I shall call it, The Trail Of Tears.

On yesterday I made my way to the bank. I rarely ever go to the bank, mainly because the kid don't really have anything in it. I am sure you all can relate. Times are hard. Anyway, so I filled out my deposit slip, yes I was actually putting something in instead of taking everything out for once. So, I am standing in line and their is one gentlemen, an older fellow, in front of me at the counter. Usually, when I am in public places I am in my own world. I am usually listening to my IPod or singing to myself, but not today. I was silently waiting on my turn. As I was standing their the guy was at the counter and the teller asked him if he was okay. At this point, I immediately became alert because I try to help people when I can and if he wasn't well I would've been the first one to call for help. But, he slowly lifted up his head and said he needed to make a withdrawal. The lady asked again, "Are you okay?" He then responded, "I am not having a good day, my wife died this morning and I don't know what I am going to do--without her." My mouth hit the floor. The teller in the most wonderful thing I have seen in a long time, came from behind the counter in an effort to comfort the gentleman. She shared a few spiritual words of encouragement with the gentleman. Acts of humanitarianism make me feel good on the inside. It re-assures me that their are still some decent people left in this world.

As I stood there, a number of things crossed my mind. I wanted to say something to the gentleman, but I was at a lost for words. As he stood their he was trying to remain positive as The Trail Of Tears began. Now, I am not the most emotional person in the world, but I can't stand to see a grown man cry, families members cry, or senseless acts of violence. I hurried to make my deposit and hit the door. I could feel the water filling up in the wells of my eyes, but I held back. As I got back in the car it took me a minute to get myself together. I mean I know what The Trail Of Tears feels like. I mean, I just lost someone dear to me, but I can't imagine losing your better half, the mother of your children, your best friend. If there is one thing I know, it is that no matter who you are one day The Trail Of Tears will find you. I am not wishing evil or bad on you, because sometimes The Trail Of Tears can find you in times of joy and happiness too.

Today, I pray for all of you out there. I wish good health, sound mind, and prosperity for you and your loved ones. As I type I can feel The Trail of Tears.......I wish you all the best. Love one another and always treat others as you want to be treated. Tomorrow really is not promised to ANYBODY.

~Speechless

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 155 "The Trail Of Tears""

Post a Comment