Monday, September 6, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 145 "Cancer, The Silent Killer"

0



Happy Labor Day All:
Please be safe and
responsible
today.

Today's Topic: Cancer, The Silent Killer

Today, I write with a heavy heart. As you may or may not know, I lost someone who was really close to me recently. I am not sure how to start off this blog today, but I said I was going to talk about The Silent Killer out there, Cancer, so that is what I shall do.

Cancer is a major public health problem in the United States and many other parts of the world. Currently, 1 in 4 deaths in the United States is due to cancer. A total of 1,529,560 new cancer cases and 569,490 deaths from cancer are projected to occur in the United States in 2010.
(http://caonline.amcancersoc.org/cgi/content/full/caac.20073v1)

This is a staggering statistic that I think goes relatively unnoticed to most of us. If you are a Cancer survivor or your know someone with Cancer you understand how serious this disease is. Maybe all of us should take a minute to reflect on our lives and those people who are close to us. There is a Silent Killer amongst us all and we should donate monies to research to help bring light to this dark disease, Cancer. I mean it does not take a lot of money to make a difference. Most of us can spare a dollar or two to purchase one of the Lance Armstrong inspired, LIVESTRONG bracelets. Monies from things like this go to research and helps look for curses for diseases like Cancer.

I humbly urge all of you to try to do a little more if you can to help out with the various diseases that are Silently Killing our loved ones. I would love for my loss to be one of the last ones any of us have to endure. I am going to try to do a lot more and I ask you to as well. I am pleading with all of you, help now, while you still can.

Sorry, I gotta stop now. Ttyl



No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 145 "Cancer, The Silent Killer""

Post a Comment