Monday, August 9, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 117 "Friends, How many of us have them?"

0

Good Evening Peeps:
This week is busy for the kid, thus you will be getting your daily brain food
in the p.m. if the a.m. doesn't free up a bit. Sue me!

Today's Topic: Friends, How many of us have them?

Now this may be a terrible thing to say, but I have ZERO, ZIPPO, NONE, NADA, NOT 1, friend. Perhaps other people may think we are friends, but simply put---we are not. I learned along time ago that friends are pointless. Kinda like goldfish; by the time you learn just how much to feed them you suddenly come home one day and they are floating upside down in the tank for no reason. I don't believe in the whole idea of friends or friendship.

With me there are two distinctive categories: Associates and Family. My associates are those people who I do exactly what the word says, associate with. We are cool, I'll still help you if I can, but we are not in a relationship of any sort and you don't owe me a thing. I respect your mind and space as you should do mine. Associates are no more than that to me. Those people who I would give my very very last breath to are considered my family. These are the people that have held me down when I didn't even know I needed to be held down. Oh, how I thank GOD for these people! Without some of these people there would be no me.

I am not advocating you take on my philosophy because it may not work for you. I am just sharing with you how I operate. So please don't be offended when you refer to me as your friend and I correct you and let you in on a secret--we aren't friends. Don't be mistaken, I still care for you, but when you become Family, that is when you get the keys to the person that truly is----ME.

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 117 "Friends, How many of us have them?""

Post a Comment