Thursday, August 26, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 134 "A Gangster & A Gentleman"

0

What Up What Up?
Its Thursday. I am so excited that this week flew by.
I hope you all do it big this weekend.

Today's Topic: A Gangster & A Gentleman

Yesterday, of course I wrote about the things we need to turn down a notch. One of those things I spoke about, Super Thuggin', has inspired me to write this post today. I want to talk about the balance that any man should have. I am so confused as to why every feels the need to be "hard." Yeah, I know Rhianna and Jeezy has a song about it, but its okay to be soft sometimes. Especially when dealing with your family, friends, your lady friend, and kids. It is so weird how many men miss the mark when it comes to the delicate line between being A Gangster & A Gentleman.

In the sense of this post, I use the term Gangster very loosely because when I think of Gangster I think of the God Father/Al Capone types, or those real, real, real hood dudes, who have orchestrated one of the most dangerous plights to destroy minority men in this country---Crips, Bloods, and gangs in general. To me, every dude that has to announce his Thuggary, isn't that Thuggish at all. Nor is he a Gangster, but in this media driven world if you say it, you must be it. Either way, I want to encourage some of you so called goons, thugs, and Gangstersto tap into the Gentleman side of you. There isn't a thing in the world wrong with not calling females b*tches/whores, opening up doors, and buying dinner sometimes. Ladies, I am going to partially blame some of you on this one, because if you allow a dude to get away with it, the behavior will most certainly continue.

Fellaz: this message is just for you. Look for balance in all you do in life. Its ok to be aGangster, but one must more importantly be A Gentleman too.

~Peace

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 134 "A Gangster & A Gentleman""

Post a Comment