Friday, August 13, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 121 "The Last Word"

0

Good Evening Folks:
I hope you all had a great week.

Today's Topic: The Last Word

I just realized something that had escaped me for most of my life. Well, I can actually now say I just realized it. I actually had one of my mentors who has no idea she is, tell me something that changed my life. I had no idea what she was getting at when she said it, but I most definitely didn't get it until just recently.

My mentor said to me, "sometimes its best just not to respond; let them have the last word." I heard her when she said it, but I wasn't truly listening. It was weird because I remember her message when I heard Drake say, "diss me and you'll never hear a reply for it..." Now, I get it! For years, when I felt wronged I would launch a verbal/written onslaught at the person who tried to belittle me or lied on me. But, I get it now. It's a waste of breath or key strokes to try to have the last word.

No matter what people say or do to you, sometimes its okay to lose a battle to win the war. The best thing you can do, is not respond. First off, if you know they are wrong about something, its okay not to have to always have the last word. Let it go; it ain't worth it! Next time someone is makes a big deal over nothing, don't respond. People can't argue with themselves. Don't feel bad if it doesn't come easily, I am still struggling with this til this day. But I understand now more than ever its not necessary to have ---THE LAST WORD.

Late'




No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 121 "The Last Word""

Post a Comment