Saturday, August 28, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 136 "Hurricane Season Is Here"

0

Aye Yo:
I hope you all are having a great weekend.
Be responsible and be safe.

Today's Topic: Hurricane Season Is Here

For those of you who don't live in the Gulf Coast states or on the Southeastern portion of the U.S., you may not understand the significance of Hurricane Season. And no I am not talking about the University of Miami's football team. To those of us who reside down here, we are well aware of the impact of Hurricane Season. Since the end of July, several storms have been brewing out in the Atlantic, none of which actually turned into powerful Hurricanes that reached land. But, with the type of summer we have had and the extreme heat/weather conditions, we can all prepare to brace for an active Hurricane Season and a cold winter.

As I type, I just heard about a storm out in the Atlantic that is expected to cause major rain swells to hit the southern coast of the U.S. Like I said before, we need to get ready. Head to your favorite store and grab yourself flashlights, batteries, generators, candles, bottle water, and perishables. I can remember when I first moved down here, less than a week after my arrival Gustav caused the kid to be without power for two weeks. It was not a good look and it changed my perspective on the essentials, like hot water, power, and cable. I know what these things really mean now. I urge all of you all to keep all these regions in your prayers in this 5th year anniversary of Katrina. Hurricane Season Is Here and we could use all the support we can get.

Late'

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 136 "Hurricane Season Is Here""

Post a Comment