Monday, August 2, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 111 "An Ode To My G-ma, "Don't Let Ur Mouth Write A Check Ur Azz Can't Cash!"

0

Morning All:
I hope all is well.

Today's Topic: Don't Let Your Mouth Write A Check Your Azz Can't Cash

I don't know about you all, but I am convinced that my grandmother is a Thug first, Christian second. Now, that is not to take anything away from the beautiful lady she is, but she will get it popping in a minute if you come out the mouth wrong at her or make any sudden moves toward her. In case you all didn't now, I was an active kid. I don't like to use the word bad, because people today think because a child exerts more energy than the next or gets bored easily he or she is bad. Most children just need a little more attention then the t.v. that some parents are allowing to raise them. I digress, but I will revisit at a later date. Anyway my grandma has a number of fabulous sayings that are etched in my mind for life. One time I was feeling myself and she told me to do something. For some reason, I forgot my Gma was more gangsta than 50 Cent. I told myself I am going to talk back and that I did. I will never forget it. She didn't even look at me or in my direction. She simply stated these words with love and caring, "Dont Let Your Mouth Write A Check Your Azz Can't Cash."

At the time I was shocked, but I knew exactly what she meant. In lamens terms, don't say something you don't mean or intend to do. This is relevant today because people love talking 'ish. I mean for no reason too. I don't understand the whole idea of "selling wolf tickets" which means saying stuff that you can't back up. It's suppose to be a scare tactic or a form of intimidation. I still don't know why people do it. Perhaps its because of the dumb rap music that is influencing all of us negatively. No matter what it is, it needs to stop. Ladies and Gentlemen, stop talk 'ish all the time. I don't mean just to your enemies, but to your friends, kids, mate, & definitely to strangers out in public or in the club. Nobody wants to hear you beating up their ear drums with nonsense, especially when we all know you couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag. If you say it, you better mean it. Once it comes out your mouth, no matter how much you apologize/apolo-lie you can't take it back. If you are unsure, just shut up until you think it through because there are some people out there who have nothing to live for or no where to live and if you say the wrong thing to them, it just might be your last words.

So my advice to you, in the words of the most loving and caring person I have ever known, "DONT LET YOUR MOUTH WRITE A CHECK YOUR AZZ CAN'T CASH!"

ONE LUB'

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 111 "An Ode To My G-ma, "Don't Let Ur Mouth Write A Check Ur Azz Can't Cash!""

Post a Comment