Monday, August 2, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 110 "Courage Under Fire"

0

Happy Monday!
I hope you had a great weekend. Now just so you know, I can take constructive criticism. Some of my loyal followers asked that I shorten the nuggets just a bit. To the extent that I can and the premise of the write-up isn't lost, I will try to do so.

Today's Topic: Courage Under Fire

It is one thing to dream, its another thing to wake up and make that dream a reality. Today, like most days I want to talk to you about something that is so important: courage. You know it takes courage to do a lot of things you already do. Simple things like, cooking, going on job interviews, dating, having children, and marriage. Courage keeps you going even when you have a number of doubts that try to tell you not to do anything other than what you always do. But there is one thing to have courage when it is a choice that doesn't disturb your normal processes of life. It is another thing to have courage under fire. Let me explain.

It is very easy to say you want to be a movie star when you are waiting tables in Idaho, but when do you decide that enough is enough, pack your things and movie to Hollywood. It is very easy to say I am sick of my boss and I am calling out tomorrow, but when do you decide that you are sick and tired of being sick and tired, so you began to actually explore the job market in search of new opportunities that you will not just seek out, but take on if the opportunity presents itself. It is very easy to say if Daishon/Yeshieka can't treat me like I think I deserved to be treated; I am going to find someone who will. It is another thing to actually communicate that to them, and then actually pack your physical and/or mental bags and move out.

It takes courage under fire to actually make a difference. Courage under fire allows you to make tough choices and decisions that would fortunately or unfortunately change your whole life immediately. I am here to inspire you to keep up the good fight. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Stay encouraged and remember even you can stand the test of time if you have courage under all elements, even fire.

Have a gr8 Dai!

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 110 "Courage Under Fire""

Post a Comment